In preparation for the big day many brides have a bundle of questions in regards to their beauty preparation. We have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions to help ease your anxieties and get you well prepared for a flawlessly styled wedding.
Q: How do I reserve my wedding date?
A: Please complete our “contact us” form and our bridal coordinator will send you a brochure of our services and current rates. When you are ready to book with us, we will require a deposit of $200 in the form of cash or credit card, along with a signed service contract to officially reserve your date. Your deposit can be made via a link provided in your contract.
Q: Do you have a minimum booking rate?
A: Yes, due to the fact that we book up for the wedding season we require a minimum of $500 in services to reserve our team for your wedding or event.
Q: What if I want to wait until after my consultation or preview session to submit my deposit?
A: We understand that it can be daunting when booking vendors for your destination wedding and thus we do all that we can to answer your questions and offer phone and even Skype consultations to our clients prior to booking. However, sometimes you just want to see how the artists works and if they are the right fit for you to complete your bridal beauty vision for the day. You are welcome to wait until after your preview session to book but we can not guarantee availability should you decide to wait. We will give you “first right” of refusal should we get another inquiry while you are waiting for your preview session. For this we will notify you of another inquiry and allow you 24 hours to submit your deposit, otherwise we will have to move forward with the other booking.
Q: What makes Bloom Skincare and Makeup unique from other beauty professionals in the area?
A: At Bloom we pride ourselves in offering bridal beauty services unlike any other. To begin, all of our artists have a minimum of 5 years experience in wedding and event styling and are licensed and insured professionals that work hard to ensure you and your party look and feel amazing. Our entire team is trained and skilled in airbrush makeup and all of our bridal makeup services include airbrush foundation, should you desire. From the moment we book we work with you to understand your beauty needs and concerns to ensure all your needs are met. We have excellent, long standing relationships with all of the top venues and vendors in the area and help our clients with any referrals needed from cakes to personal yoga classes to music that sets the mood just right. But we don’t stop there, our bridal coordinator will create a day of timeline for services and coordinate with your photographer to ensure the precious hours before your wedding all run smoothly. We believe our services go beyond curls and lashes, we want to provide you with a memorable experience and beautiful photographs that will last a lifetime.
Q: What do your services include?
A: We offer two options for creating your perfect beauty package; Bloom’s Signature Package, and a la carte services. All of our makeup services include airbrush makeup *by advance request, and faux lashes.
- Our Signature Bridal package is designed for the bride that wants to make the most out of her photography/videography and beauty investment. This package includes hair and makeup services for bride, plus 3 additional, 8 hours of service (including beauty prep time and travel time), touch ups for everyone receiving services within the 8 hours, and a hair and makeup preview session for bride prior to wedding (2.5 hour service).
- A la carte services allow you to create your own package of services based on your needs. Our bridal coordinator will work with you to select the services that are right for you and your party. *A minimum of $500 in services is required to book with us.
Q:What if I want a stylist to stay with me until after my ceremony for touch ups and possibly a hair or makeup change?
A: This is a great service when you know you will be facing the elements of sun, wind, or rain/snow and will ensure you are picture perfect through out your evening. If you would like your stylist to stay with you for touch ups we charge an hourly rate for this, *which starts from the time your stylist completes the final service. Hair and/or makeup change is billed at our a la carte rate (*listed on our brochure). Our bridal coordinator will work with you to create an estimate for these services, just ask us for more details.
Q: What if I don’t know the final # of hair and makeup services when I book?
A: We understand that it takes time to get confirmation from all the ladies in your party/family. We will draw up a service contract to reflect the minimum # of services you would like and you can add services (availability depending) prior to wedding. *Parties over 5 hair/makeup services require more than 1 artist, so if you have 5 hair and makeup services you will be assigned 2 artists, thus we can not guarantee availability to add services at later dates but we will due our best to accommodate your needs.
Q: Are preview sessions required when booking services? What should I expect from my preview session?
A: Preview sessions allow the bride and her stylist to meet prior to wedding and discuss her bridal beauty vision, share ideas, ask questions, see how your stylist works, try out a specific look and make any necessary adjustment for day of to ensure flawless styling. A preview session is a time to discover colors and styles which you may have visioned and decide what you like AND what you DON’T like.
- While we do not require a preview session to book bridal services, highly encourage them and feel they are a valuable part of your bridal beauty investment. That being said we work with many brides that are based in various cities, states and countries and have many clients with whom we only just meet on the day of. Not to worry! Our bridal coordinator and your stylist will work with you to ensure we understand the specifics of the hair and makeup style as well as your individual features, skin type and any concerns that you have. We are proud to say that we have a 100% satisfaction rating with all of our clients thus far in our career and we work hard to ensure this doesn’t not change. Rest assure you will be in good hands on the day of.
- Our preview sessions times are as follows: hair and makeup preview session: 2.5 hours in studio (1 makeup and hair style and consultation), hair/makeup only preview session: 1.5 hour in studio (1 makeup/hair look and consultation). *rates for preview sessions listed on brochure
- We offer on location preview sessions, in the comfort of your hotel suite or vacation home.
Q: What should I bring to my preview session:
A: Please arrive to your preview session with clean DRY hair and clean, moisturized skin. We recommend wearing or bring a shirt/shawl that is similar tone/color of your dress. We encourage you to bring your hair accessories/veil to your session so that we can try them with your style. Pictures of your dress and 3 images of hair and makeup styles which you like are also encouraged but not necessary. Due to the fact that our studio is small, we ask that you bring no more than 1 guest to your apt. Should you want to bring additional guests with you, our studio is conveniently located in the heart of the Mendocino Village with plenty of shops to browse and yummy restaurants to enjoy while you are in your session. We ask that guests do not “hover” over artists while they are working (after-all would you like it if someone came to your work and hovered over you while you were trying to work?). This also allows for the bride and her stylist to get one on one time and make the most out of the preview session. Than you for your understand with this!
Q: What if I want to cancel some of the services I have agreed to on my contract after I have signed?
A: Due tot he fact that we must reserve our artists well in advance for your date and can not guarantee re-booking at later dates we are not able to issue refunds for any services agreed upon after 30 days of signing contract. After 30 days of signing contract client is responsible for total amount of services regardless of cancellations from party. *Please see “cancellation policy” section in contract for further details.
Q: What if I don’t want airbrush makeup or lashes?
A: By no means do we require that clients receive these “value added” services, but should you want them we are equip and prepared to offer you these luxury services. Airbrush makeup is not for everyone and we understand that, we still do a large portion of our makeup services with tradition foundation that is specifically selected depending on skin type, desired amount of coverage and elements on day of. We carry a wide selection on the highest quality foundations to suite all skin types and deliver flawless skin. We understand that all skin is not alike and this is where our knowledge and Estheician license comes in handy. The start to a flawless foundation is good skin and thus why we carry only the finest in luxury skin care to prepare the skin appropriately before we even apply the makeup.
We carry a wide assortment of lashes to suite all eye shapes and desired looks. Eyes are one of our favorite features to emphasize and thus we understand how to enhance them in all the right ways with brow shaping techniques and the perfect set of false lashes whether you want a more “natural” look or a dramatic cat eye we got you covered.
Q: I’ve never had airbrush makeup before, what is it?
A: Airbrush makeup is a means of applying a high quality, thin liquid pigment to the face/body using an airbrush compressor and is sprayed in a light layer across the face to achieve the desired level of skin perfecting. The lightweight application allows for a smooth and flawless application of makeup without cracks or streaks and is especially beneficial for use with HD film because it provides the client with flawless skin without the look of wearing any makeup. Airbrush makeup also has excellent durability and is water-resistant which makes it an a excellent choice for weddings and events where regular makeup may breakdown easier with extreme elements such as heat, sweat, tears and long hours of dancing.
Q: What type of makeup and hair products do your stylist carry in their kits? Do you carry products for “sensitive” skin?
A: We carry a large assortment of professional, high quality hair and makeup products that have been proven to perform and deliver excellent results and are designed for use with media such as photography and film. We use products that have proven to hold up for the long hours of fun and entertaining that is sure to ensue on your wedding day. All of our foundations, including our airbrush foundations are silicone based which allow for the makeup to not breakdown with sweat and heat but still give a beautiful glow to the skin.
- Due to the fact that most “natural” cosmetics contain mineral sunblocks which cause a white flash back when being photographed and degrade with sweat and oil, we do not recommend for an event such as a wedding.
- That being said we source the most gentle and “health conscious” products whenever possible and always inquire about allergies and other concerns prior to makeup application. If you or any one in your party receiving services have known allergies please advise us of this ASAP.
- If you have had reactions to cosmetics or styling products in the past and you have concerns we recommend that you schedule a preview session well before your wedding to ensure you have no reactions. However, if you are not sure what products/ingredients you are “allergic” to there is no way for us to predict this as well, this is why knowledge of specific ingredients in which you are sensitive to are crucial.
- A few of the brands we carry in our kit include: Nars, Kevin Aucion, Becca, Makeup Forever, Kett, Eve Pearl, Inglot, Mac, Temptu and Face Atelier, Aquage hair styling, Paul Mitchell, Oribe, Bumble and Bumble and Kevin Murphy. For skincare prep we use: Le Mieux, Rhonda Allison, and Embrioyless.
Q: What if the other members of the bridal party receiving services want to pay separately? When is the final payment due and how do I make payment?
A: Payment for services are required in one form of payment, from client whom contract is with. Final payment is due 2 weeks prior to wedding date via a link that will be emailed to you by our booking software- HoneyBook. In a few simple steps you can submit your final payment by clicking on the link and following the prompts for making your payment, then a receipt will be emailed to you. If you would like to pay with cash and will be in the area no later than 2 weeks prior to wedding date, you may deliver payment to our studio. We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
We do not accept payment on day of services. We feel this adds one more complication to the morning and can cause an additional element of stress for bride, family and our artist when having to break and collect payment and record. This can also cause a delay in services and make bride and her party late if our stylist are having to deal with payments, change, receipts, etc. Thank you for your understanding in this and we promise that is with your best interest in mind that we up hold this policy. We want to be able to focus 100% on your bridal beauty experience!
Q: Any helpful tips that you can give myself and my bridal party for beauty prep to get the most out of our services?
A: Yes, we will send you our handy bridal beauty prep sheet which provides you with helpful tips as far as beauty services before your wedding day and what will be expected of anyone receiving services to ensure beautiful hair and makeup. Our bridal coordinator will send out shortly after you book and we ask that you share with your party.